Is “Star Trek: Picard” Season 1 on CBS All Access? Yes it is
The CBS All Access original series Star Trek Picard is boldly taking the franchise to new heights following its premiere on January 23, 2020. The series has 10 episodes, each released weekly after the premiere and has already been renewed for Season 2.
What we know about Season 1
- The series continues the story of Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart). Once a captain of the USS Enterprise-D and the Enterprise-E spaceships.
- The show is set 20 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis (2002). It also refers to the events of the Star Trek reboot (2009), where the planet Romulus is destroyed.
- In the show, Jean-Luc Picard is a retiree. He is a troubled old man, still struggling to get over the death of Data (shown in Star Trek: Nemesis).
- Lead actor Patrick Stewart said, “He may not – and I stress, may not – be a captain anymore, he may not be the Jean-Luc that you recognize and know so well.”
- Show creator Alex Kurtzman said, “this is going to be a very thoughtful, psychological portrait in a lot of ways.”
- Kurtzman also said: “the only way this universe, I think, works correctly is if each show is really different and speaks to a different part of Star Trek.”
Expectations for the show
It appears Star Trek: Picard could be a poignant new exploration of the character. There could be a similarity to the X-Men movie Logan, which Stewart also co-starred in.
The series setup and structure reads as if Picard is pulled back into the fray a broken man. Each episode forces him to rediscover exactly what made him a legendary character, while also reintroducing us to why the Star Trek universe is relevant.
Star Trek: Picard does not stream in 4K, nor does it support HDR or Dolby Atmos on CBS All Access. Outside of the United States, the show is streaming on Amazon Prime Video and also doesn’t support any 4k feature.
Please follow us on Flipboard and Twitter for more news, rumors, and reviews. If you prefer Facebook or LinkedIn, we’re there as well and would love to talk streaming content with you and our group of friends.