If you’re like us, you spend most of your streaming time looking for great content to watch. It can be a time-consuming task, one that can quickly become a pain when every time you stop browsing on Netflix, it autoplays a trailer or preview.
If you’re sitting back at home, it’s fine, but if you’re commuting or have a data cap, it can be really problematic. Fortunately, Netflix has added an option to turn off autoplay when browsing. If you want to disable as we do, this is how:
CHECK OUT: The best shows on Netflix this month
- Go to Netflix.com on a browser using a computer, phone, or tablet. We have not been able to disable via apps on any other device, including consoles and set-top boxes.
- Log in to your profile.
- On the profile page select “Manage Profiles”
- Then select the profile you want to manage.
- On that profile at the bottom are two toggle options:
- Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices
- Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices
- Uncheck “Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices”
- Select “Save”
You can see the toggle option and profile screen below:
You can now enjoy browsing in silence. Trailers and previews will no longer autoplay. Thank you Netflix, but it was definitely about time this option was added.
CHECK OUT: The best movies on Netflix this month
Please follow us on Flipboard and Twitter for more news, rumors, and reviews. If you prefer Facebook or LinkedIn, we’re there as well and would love to talk streaming content with you and our group of friends.