Marvel casts Owen Wilson in Disney+ series “Loki”
Marvel’s Loki on Disney+ has a new cast member, as Owen Wilson, of Drillbit Taylor fame, has been snapped up in an unknown role for the upcoming 2021 series.
Details are minimal at the minute. However, what we do know is that Wilson’s character backstory is hidden somewhere in Odin’s vault. Thus, that’s one location we know with certainty that will be in the new series.
What we know about Loki
- Tom Hiddleston, who plays Loki in the Avengers and Thor movies will reprise his role in the series.
- The series is rumored to be an adaptation of the Journey Into Mystery comics by Kieron Gillen. The comics feature Kid Loki as the hero.
- Further rumors suggest that the series will take place during different timelines, including 1975, with one scene including a movie theatre showing Jaws.
- The Russo brothers, who directed Avengers: Endgame, revealed what happened to Loki after the movie. They stated that the character created his own alternate timeline after teleporting away with the Space Stone (Infinity Stone).
- Michael Waldron (Rick and Morty) is the show’s creator, and Kate Herron (Sex Education) is directing. Marvel’s Loki also co-stars Sophia DiMartino (Flowers) and Owen Wilson (The Internship).
Big shows coming to Disney+
Marvel fans have four shows announced by Disney+ so far, including The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Hawkeye, and Loki.
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and WandaVision had release dates in 2021, but Disney changed their plans. Expected release dates are now as follows:
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, August 2020.
- WandaVision, Fall 2020.
- Hawkeye and Loki, 2021.
Along with the above Marvel shows, Jon Favreau tweeted that Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2 would be coming fall 2020.
In more Star Wars news, it seems like the Obi-Wan Kenobi show is on hold. Hopefully, we can see Ewan McGregor reprise the legendary role sometime in 2021.
Please follow us on Flipboard and Twitter for more news, rumors, and reviews. If you prefer Facebook or LinkedIn, we’re there as well and would love to talk streaming content with you and our group of friends.