Supernatural-horror fans, rejoice: the best-selling graphic novel Locke & Key is now on Netflix — and you can stream all 10 episodes now. The show’s premiere was February 7, 2020.
Considering the awards Locke & Key received as a graphic novel, its journey to the small screen has been stormy. Amazingly, it has passed through the hands of Fox, Universal, and Hulu. Both Fox and Hulu made pilots, but only Netflix took it to completion. The question is, why did others let it slip through their fingers when the source material is brilliant?
What is Locke & Key?
How Netflix describes the show:
Based on the best-selling graphic novels, Locke & Key follows 3 siblings who, after the murder of their father, move to their ancestral home only to find the house has magical keys that give them a vast array of powers and abilities.Netflix via YouTube
The key things to know about the source material and series:
- The Locke & Key graphic novels are by Joe Hill, Stephen King’s son.
- In 2011, Joe Hill won the Eisner Award for Locke & Key. It was also nominated in several other categories.
- In 2009 and 2012, Locke & Key won the British Fantasy Award for “Best Comic or Graphic Novel.”
- The first graphic novel in the Locke & Key‘s seven-book series is set in a New England mansion.
- Joe Hill, Meredith Averill (The Haunting of Hill House), and Carlton Cuse (The Strain) have written episodes for the show.
- The show has episodes directed by Vincenzo Natali (Hannibal), Tim Southam (Lost in Space), and Mark Tonerai (Gotham).
If Season 1 is anything like the first book of the graphic novel series, expect blood, gore, and twists. If it can hit the heights of the graphoc novel, Locke & Key will become one of the most talked-about shows of 2020.
Locke & Key on Netflix supports 4k and Dolby Vision. However, it does not support Dolby Atmos. Check out the impressive official trailer below:
Please follow us on Flipboard and Twitter for more news, rumors, and reviews. If you prefer Facebook or LinkedIn, we’re there as well and would love to talk streaming content with you and our group of friends.