Disney+’s latest outage hit the East and West Coasts hard, with subscribers stuck with Error 83. It wasn’t just a national issue, but international, with problems in the Netherlands and Australia, too.
If you’re having issues with Disney+ and keep getting stuck at a black screen or a loading spinning wheel, then you’re not alone. Disney+ users have been suffering this since launch in November 2019.
CHECK OUT: Best shows on Disney+ this month
What is Error 83?
If you don’t know what Error 83 is, you’re one of the lucky subscribers. The issue occurs because of one of the following issues:
- Server timeout: If Disney+ servers are overloaded and your session cannot connect to pass the security systems, the service will time out and show an error.
- Incompatible platform: During the beta, some devices were unable to get past the security systems, which in turn caused Error 83 issues.
Platform compatibility issues continue with:
- If you are using a web browser not included here; Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Explorer, and Apple Safari.
- Browsers on game consoles.
CHECK OUT: Ranking the best Disney+ movies for adults
Troubleshooting the issue
Follow this checklist before troubleshooting:
- Go to DownDetector and check to see if the service is reported down. If it is an issue with the service in your area, all you can do is wait.
- Test the service from a different device if using Wi-Fi. If no alternative device is available, disable Wi-Fi and see if you can connect temporarily to Disney+ via your cell phone plan. If you can, the issue is with your router, modem or internet service provider.
If the issue persists and isn’t a widespread problem in your area, nor is it an issue with your router, modem, or ISP, then continue with the following troubleshooting:
- Confirm you have an internet download speed of 5 Mbps. If you do not, this could be causing the server timeout issue.
- Install the Disney+ app or try your account on a computer running Windows, macOS and Google Chrome or Safari browsers.
- Sign out of Disney+ on all devices, delete all apps, and then re-install and re-sign in.
- Reset your Wi-Fi connection, disable your device and restart your router or modem. Wait 60 seconds and then reconnect.
If you are unable to connect to Disney+ still and have tried all the above, the only solution remaining is to wait a few hours and check DownDetector again. However, if the problem persists and there isn’t a widespread problem, you’ll need to contact Disney+ about Error 83.
Please follow us on Flipboard and Twitter for more news, rumors, and reviews. If you prefer Facebook or LinkedIn, we’re there as well and would love to talk streaming content with you and our group of friends.